Monday, 10 May 2010

Which Cruise to Choose?

I have been working in the cruise industry for over 3 years now and despite sending thousands of people across the world I have still not managed to convince two very difficult clients that they would love to cruise..... my very own parents!!!

I am afraid, like many other non cruisers, they are expecting cruises to be "just for old people" or "too stuffy and formal" However, I am so pleased to say that I have finally made progress and they have agreed to try out a mini cruise! Now I have the task of trying to book them on the perfect ship so they will realize just how good cruising can be.

Their ideal holiday would probably involve staying in a fairly basic self catering hotel, in a quiet area of Spain, and would spend their days walking, enjoying the local culture and sampling the local food. However, I also know they love fine dining, exploring new places and it is always really important to them that my younger teenage brother is kept well entertained, if he's happy their happy.

I first considered the Azura, I think they would really like P&O's understated, modern style and I know first hand just how good the food is onboard, the only thing I am concerned about is whether there is enough going on to keep them all entertained, as they are quite active and are not the type to enjoy relaxing on the deck with a cocktail! Next I thought about the Celebrity Eclipse, a very impressive ship that I know wouldn't disappoint, but maybe that would be more suited to them if they were travelling as a couple, I want them to enjoy the formal evening dining experience and I know on the Eclipse the menus are very sophisticated, and perhaps not quite to a young teenagers tastes!

So finally I have decided on the Independence of the Seas! I think this ship will have the wow factor to really impress them, good food that they can all enjoy, plus the best entertainment you can find on a cruise ship in my opinion.

I have looked into the 4 night Cork cruise for 30th April 2011 for them and will be proposing the idea to them later on this week. If all goes to plan, I will be booking them up soon (and I of course, will have to go along to make sure they enjoy themselves!)......fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment